Monday, November 9, 2009

First Entry

Welcome to my blog. I've been meaning to start one for years and finally decided that today was the day, in no small part because today's date (November 9) has much to do with what I hope this blog will be about. (See below.)

You will find mostly two types of things on this blog:

1. My own speculations on social theory, philosophy, political economy, sociology, etc. (pretty nerdy stuff)
2. My thoughts on political events of the moment, especially in Colombia (my country of birth) and the US.

Please keep both separate. Of course there is a connection between them; my opinions on one are related to those of the other and most likely yours will also be. But I want Type 1 threads and discussions to be COMPLETELY civil, scholarly, good-natured. If you want to be opinionated and abrasive, Type 2 threads is what you're looking for.


No comments:

Post a Comment